The Advanced Level Test Manager course will provide an understanding of test management beyond ISTQB Foundation level giving participants the knowledge and skills required to become an Advanced Test Manager. Webex tuition is available for this qualification.
Who Will Benefit
This 5-day course is most appropriate for Testers, Test Analysts, Test Engineers, Test Consultants, Test Managers and anyone wishing to study for the ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager Certificate.
This course is also appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing, such as Project Managers, Quality Managers, Software Development Managers, Business Analysts, IT Directors and Management Consultants.
To take the ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certificate candidates must hold the ISTQB/BCS Foundation certificate. There are no prerequisites for participating in the course without taking the exam.
An Advanced Test Manager can…
- Implement the mission, goals and testing processes established for the testing organization.
- Organize and lead risk management activities and use risks to drive test planning and reporting.
- Create and implement test plans consistent with organizational policies and test strategies.
- Continuously monitor and control the test activities to achieve project objectives.
- Assess and report relevant and timely test status.
- Identify skills and resource gaps in their test team and participate in sourcing adequate resources.
- Identify and plan test team skills development.
- Propose a business case for test activities that outlines the costs and benefits expected.
- Ensure proper communication within the test team and with other project stakeholders.
- Actively lead test process improvement initiatives.
- Design & implement a defect classification scheme.
- Apply tools to support testing.
The Test Manager’s activities within the fundamental test process are covered with emphasis on the tasks of test planning, monitoring and control. Describes how to implement a project retrospective in order to validate processes and discover areas to improve.
Explains how to define test management tasks according to the context of a project and how to adjust
the test activities to the software lifecycle in use. Risk-based testing for test prioritization and effort allocation is discussed with emphasis on product and project risk management. Participants learn how to take stakeholder views into account when assessing risk levels and defining the risk mitigation activities. Risk control activities and risk reporting are also covered.
Evaluates different types of test document and discusses how to tailor them to meet project and organization needs. Relevant standards are also considered.
Metric and experienced-based methods for estimating testing effort are covered and participants learn how to communicate the value of testing. Distributed, outsourced and insourced forms of test organization are described.
Here the focus on defining an appropriate review plan and setting up the review to achieve the best results. Participants learn how to use metrics to optimize the review results and to show return on investment. This session also explains how to lead a review team through a formal review.
Describes how to set up a defect lifecycle tailored for the software lifecycle in use and explains how to analyse defect reports to evaluate the capability of the testing and software development processes.
Improving the Test Process
Explains the generic steps for conducting a standard test process improvement initiative and how to create a test improvement plan. Includes the test process improvement models TMMi, TPI Next, CTP and STEP.
Test Tools and Automation
Covers how to plan and implement different types of tools (including open-source and custom-built tools) considering risks, costs, benefits and opportunities. Tool use for metric collection and evaluation is described.
People Skills – Team Composition
Discusses how to assess the range of skills required for a testing team, and define a growth plan for skill development. Includes team motivation and communication skills.
This course provides the knowledge and skills to take the 3-hour multiple choice ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certificate exam.
Bookings and Enquiries: email@example.com