The ISTQB Agile Tester Foundation Certificate Course is a two-day course explaining the fundamentals of testing on agile projects. This course is accredited by ISTQB and addresses the ISTQB Foundation Level Extension Syllabus - Agile Tester.
The course includes exercises and practice exams to highlight key aspects of the syllabus and to help participants understand and practice the concepts and methods presented.
Our public courses are either in Tunbridge Wells, Kent (25 miles from London Gatwick airport), or Central London.
Explains the fundamentals of testing on Agile projects including commonly used Agile development practices and processes. Describes how to organise and estimate testing and how to apply risk-based testing on Agile projects, and outlines the important testing and test-related tools typically used on Agile projects.
Who Will Benefit?
This two-day course is appropriate for professionals in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, software developers, and anyone wishing to gain the ISTQB Foundation Level Extension – Agile Tester certificate. This course may also be appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing in the Agile world, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors, and management consultants.
The certification is aimed at professionals who are working within Agile environments. It is also for professionals who are planning to start implementing Agile methods in the near future, or are working within companies that plan to do so.
It can benefit individuals looking to pursue more advanced qualifications in the future, such as the iSQI® Certified Agile Tester.
Candidates for the ISTQB Foundation Level Extension – Agile Tester certificate must hold the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate (CTFL).
A candidate who achieves ISTQB Foundation Level Extension – Agile Tester certification, can be expected to:
- Collaborate in a cross-functional Agile team being familiar with principles and basic practices of Agile software development;
- Adapt existing testing experience and knowledge to Agile values and principles;
- Support the Agile team in planning test-related activities;
- Apply relevant methods and techniques for testing in an Agile project;
- Assist the Agile team in test automation activities;
- Help business stakeholders define understandable and testable user stories and acceptance criteria;
- Work and share information with other team members using effective communication styles and channels.
Agile Software Development
- The Fundamentals of Agile Software Development
- Aspects of Agile Approaches
Fundamental Agile Testing Principles, Practices, and Processes
- The Differences between Testing in Traditional and Agile Approaches
- Status of Testing in Agile Projects
- Role and Skills of a Tester in an Agile Team
Agile Testing Methods, Techniques, and Tools
- Agile Testing Methods
- Assessing Quality Risks and Estimating Test Effort
- Techniques in Agile Projects
- Tools in Agile Projects
The Foundation Certificate is awarded to those who pass a written one hour multiple-choice exam of 40 questions that is set, moderated, marked and invigilated by an ISTQB licensed Exam Provider. Candidates must score 65% or more to pass the exam.
Delegates are provided with Pearson Vue vouchers for scheduling the exam after a two-day public course.
Bookings and Enquiries: +44 (0)1892 513740