Selenium is one of the leading automation tools used for web browser/web application testing. The three-day iSQI/A4Q Selenium Tester Foundation course is for software testers who want to understand and practice how to design, implement and maintain automated solutions using Selenium WebDriver.
Price on application - this course is run on site for companies.
Who Will Benefit
Anyone who wants to aquire and demonstrate skills in using Selenium Test Driver in test automation. It’s ideal for testers who want to learn automation using Selenium WebDriver. While this course is accessible to anyone wanting to acquire a basic, hands-on knowledge of Selenium, the main audiences are:
- People with no test automation experience who are starting to automate in Selenium
- People with some GUI test automation experience who are new to Selenium or starting to automate in Selenium
- People with some non-GUI test automation experience who are new to Selenium and starting to automate in Selenium
Delegates should have a general knowledge of basic programming and some knowledge of Python.
Benefits of attaining this Certification
- You will have an independent, internationally recognised certification as proof of expertise in the field of test automation with Selenium WebDriver.
- You will be able to undertake additional certification at the Advanced Level (when released).
- Upon the successful completion of the course, you will be able to create and run Selenium WebDriver tests without supervision.
- You will be able to apply test automation principles to build a maintainable test automation solution.
- You will be able to choose and implement correct test automation tools.
- You will be able to implement Selenium WebDriver scripts that execute functional web application tests and implement maintainable scripts.
Test Automation Basics
- Test Automation Overview
- Manual vs. Automated Tests
- Success Factors
- Risks and Benefits of Selenium WebDriver
- Selenium WebDriver in Test Automation Architecture
- Reasons and Purpose for Metric Collection in Automation
- The Selenium Toolset
Internet Technologies for Automation of Web Apps
- Understanding HTML and XML
- XPath and Searching HTML Documents
- CSS Locators
Using Selenium WebDriver
- Logging and Reporting Mechanisms
- Navigate to Different URLs
- Change the Window Context
- Capture Screenshots of Web Pages
- Locate GUI Elements
- Get the State of GUI Elements
- Interact with GUI Elements
- Interact with User Prompts in Web Browsers
Preparing Maintainable Test Scripts
- Maintainability of Test Scripts
- Wait Mechanisms
- Page Objects
- Keyword Driven Testing
The Selenium Tester Foundation Certificate is awarded to those who pass a written one-hour multiple-choice exam. Candidates must score 65% or more to pass the exam.
Delegates are provided with iSQI exam vouchers for scheduling the exam after a three-day course.
Bookings and Enquiries: